City Parish Church
In 1014, Emperor Henry II. donated a site for the construction of the City Parish Church and land for supporting the priests to the bishop of Passau, Berengar. That served as the basis for the construction of the City Parish Church "St. Stephan” (Patron Saint of Passau) and of the Parish Court, which were built soon after. Tulln became an ecclesiastical centre in the boundary land Austria. The deanery Tulln stretched initially up to the Alps, and the church shows its super-regional significance by its double towers and the bishop’s pillars on the western portal ("Apostle’s or Bishop’s Portal”).
Visits: In summer 7.30-19.30, in winter 7.30-17.00